Happy Wednesday, Salt Lake City! Let’s start this day off on the right foot. Here is everything happening in the city today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Foggy sun. High: 44 Low: 26.
Here are the top 3 stories in Salt Lake City today:
- the CDC Foundation wants to reach a younger audience with youth-focused, digitally native and creative content. Thus, the local association, Spy Hop – a digital media arts center for young people – will be receive funds from the foundation use the power of art to activate media projects on the topic of vaccine reluctance. The association will collaborate with the Salt Lake County Department of Healtht on his Vax2theMax 2.0 project. (ABC 4)
- Finally, a winter hideaway in Salt Lake City is open for use and will be house 35 people not sheltered. While still feeling the effects of a labor shortage that has significantly delayed the opening of several seasonal shelters, county and state employees are volunteering to no longer delay opening. from this refuge. Other shelters are planned, but manage organizations like The road home are still in the process of overcoming the hurdle of their full staffing. (Salt Lake Tribune)
- the Salt Lake County Council has the power to repeal the Ministry of Health’s most recent mask mandate, and they already did. But in the wake of the hugely contagious omicron variant, with a record number of new cases every day, the County council won’t repeal mask mandate this time. City Councilor Aimee Winder Newton spoke in favor of the term, marking a change from her previous position. (KSL Newsradio)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Salt Lake City Daily is brought to you in part from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Today in Salt Lake City:
- Learn it the basics of pointillism and how to paint a winter scene from the Wasatch Range surrounded by a spectrum of blue dots in this DIY workshop from Elizabeth walsh. All equipment is provided, and beginners are welcome! Presented by Craft Lake City at Valley Fair Mall. (6:00 p.m.)
- Attend a cooking class with Butte Rouge garden course series Cooking with plants for a healthier U. “This series of courses aims to give individuals the tools and the confidence to redefine healthy cooking while striving for delight!” Participants will enjoy a meal after the cooking demonstration. (6:00 p.m.)
- See Phantom like you might never have imagined? Desert Star Playhouse brings its signature hilarious twist to the classic show in its musical parody of the Phantom of the Opera. (7:00 p.m.)
- the Utah Jazz take on the Cleveland Cavaliers tonight for a home game in Salt Lake City at Vivid arena. From the arena: “Masks are mandatory and all guests aged 12 and over must show complete proof of vaccination against COVID-19 OR a qualified negative COVID-19 test performed within 72 hours of the event to access at the arena. “(7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- “If you went out along the Wasatch facade, you’ve probably seen the telltale haze. Yes, high pressure means inversion conditions at least mid-week, causing a drop in air quality. Carpool or use public transport whether you can.” (United States National Meteorological Service Salt Lake City Utah)
- “Even superheroes have to wear face masks. Salt Lake County’s New Mask Mandate, masks, worn correctly, will now be compulsory in Discovery Gateway Children’s Museum, regardless of vaccination status. “(Discovery Gateway Children’s Museum)
- “UMOCA is looking for a proactive autodidact with fundraising, grant development and management experience to hold the position of Grants and Strategic Funding Manager. “(Utah Museum of Contemporary Art)
- “Submissions are now open for our Folk Arts Apprenticeship Scholarships, which aim to enable qualified people to study with traditional master artists of Utah’s Ethnic, Indigenous, Rural, and Professional Communities who demonstrate a commitment impart cultural knowledge. “(Utah Arts and Museums)
Do you like the daily life of Salt Lake City? Here are all the ways to get more involved:
Finally, looking for some inspiration for your social life during the winter season? You may want to check out these 8 great ideas for winter dates in Utah Utah Stories. OK, now you are up to date and ready to start Wednesday off on the right foot! See you tomorrow morning for your next update.
– Joseph peterson
About me: Joseph is a writer and marketing communications strategist, graduating in Mass Communications and Public Relations from the University of Utah. He is passionate about city life, public libraries, national parks and promoting events that strengthen community.