If you are a subscriber, chances are you received a renewal letter from the Lehi Free Press last week. We politely ask that you take a moment to renew your subscription. If you are not a regular subscriber, we ask that you subscribe today. Weekly print newspaper subscriptions delivered via the US Postal Service and weekly email newsletter subscriptions are available.
Here’s why we’re asking:
1. With so many people shouting “Fake News”, we promise that Lehi Free Press delivers the best news that is definitely not fake. We report news happening in your neighborhoods and promise never to report news that does not concern Lehi and his surrounding communities.
2. We are the only information entity regularly covering the governance of Lehi City. We believe that for democracy to work there must be transparency in government activity. The Lehi Free Press offers reports on all meetings of the Lehi Planning Commission and Lehi City Council. Special thanks to Skyler Beltran, Nicole Kunze and Donna Barnes for providing this coverage over the past six years.
3. We encourage local youth by covering sports, drama and high school events. We feel it is our duty to celebrate and report on the achievements of students in our region. These stories remind us of what it’s like to hone new skills, learn sportsmanship and come together as a team to achieve a dream.
4. Journalism is not free. Anyone can make a social media post, but our trained journalists research their stories, attend events and meetings, write and rewrite stories, and submit photos. Every story is reviewed and most stories are published on www.lehifreepress.com This process takes money, time and resources.
5. We respect and support our community of seniors. Older people in Lehi often consume local news through a printed newspaper. We want to provide this method of news delivery for them for as long as possible.
There are several ways to subscribe. Dial (801) 766-8914. Drop by our office at 29 N. 100 W. in Lehi, see “subscribe” on our website www.lehifreepress.com or email our office manager Arla Cook [email protected]
Thank you for supporting our efforts to serve you, our friends!