Happy Monday, people of Salt Lake City! Here’s everything you need to know that’s happening locally today.
Are you a local business owner or a merchant in Salt Lake City? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Clear all day. High: 63 Low: 45.
Here are today’s best stories in Salt Lake City:
- A West Valley City the man was arrested for carrying out an organized retail crime scheme and was found with over $ 80,000 in stolen retail goods. The Utah Attorney General‘s Office‘s The Economic Crimes Unit, CASE (Crimes Against Statewide Economy) identified the suspect as 45 years old Oscar Martinez. Martinez allegedly had people with drug addiction steal the merchandise on his behalf, and then paid them a fraction of what he would earn by selling them back. (ABC 4)
- Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill ruled on the fatal shooting of Rezek Yaqub Yahya by officers of the Salt Lake City Police Department as justified. The shooting took place on the morning of June 10 in Pioneer park To 300 W. 300 South. Police were called to the scene shortly after 8:30 a.m. after reporting that a man, later identified as Yahya, 39, stabbed a woman in the park. (KUTV 2News)
- Around 100 protesters waving American flags and holding placards denouncing masks and vaccination warrants gathered along the sidewalk of 700 East in Liberty Park Saturday. (Salt Lake City Tribune)
- After issuing a money alert on Friday for a local woman with dementia, Salt lake city police have since found her and canceled the alert. (fox13now.com)
- The opening of a new community of luxury apartments, Town Attics, was announced; the remainder of the development plan includes an increase in residential, office and retail space for the Large salt lake Region. (ABC 4)
Today in Salt Lake City:
- Hatch Center Webinar: Protecting American Institutions, A Civic Education Discussion – Salt Lake Chamber (10:30 a.m.)
Did you know you can feature your local business at this Salt Lake City Daily spot for just $ 79 per month? Click here to begin.
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Monday! See you tomorrow for another update. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sean peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur who graduated in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist and marketing manager for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.